Saturday, December 29, 2012

An year long date

Year ends always makes me nostalgic. It is that time of the year when i finally stop and look back at what all i have been doing so far. This year, 2012, is the most special year of my life. I might not admit it but i wouldn't regret it living again and again for years to come. When i came to Hyderabad i was so damn sure that i am going to find the man with whom I'll spend the rest of my life. Isn't that the reason why i started this blog at the first place. "Single girl in a new city" i would like to say. And see, i asked for it and it happened. "Aur" happened.

When i met him "Time Traveller's Wife" zoomed into my head and I knew that it is the wife of this man that I am jealous of. The superior quality husband material just the kind Jane Austin would like to write about. Though I kept saying it in jest but to speak the truth, in reality as well "his car" was the reason why I choose him over others. A girl deserves her fair share of parties and long drives, doesn't she. It must be in one of these long drives that my body released the neuro-chemical Dopamine and my brain knew the kids with his DNA combined with mine will look soooo good, as "nub" might have liked to put it.

There are more than two people who have actually bet that our relation will not see a day more than 3 months and there were many more (all of them actually) who were actually rolling their eyes at the idea of me "any", the most over-excited, weird, curious, psycho, bored, moody and unpredictable creature, would agree to settle this early in her life (24 is fuckin' early). Actually I can't blame them much because even I always had the same doubts, but then he happened. I was so sure about him that long before we actually confessed our love (eh.. it is still a creepy / funny word) for each other, I told my then room-mate that this is the guy I am going to marry (Hritik Roshan style). On a side note, more I ponder over it more i find my life to be a collage of cliched expressions or is it just "aur" rubbing off on me.

When you paint a picture of a perfect prince charming, that's "aur" for you. He is loving, he wakes me up every morning and put me down to sleep each night, without fail. He is caring, even if I catch just a mere cold he gets me the whole sachet of tablets from the medical shop next door. He adores me, and even takes care of my periods, parlor schedules, food habits and hygiene. He makes sure that I brush my teeth twice a day. He protects me, he makes sure I don't stay in office late, don't drink with strangers and stop smoking everything including hookah. Anyone who knows me, ok let me correct that, anyone who would like to know me, will know that I am too independent of a girl for ALL THESE THINGS. And I was not looking for a prince charming but a CHUCK BASS for the heaven's sake who ill treats me. I had even prepared myself mentally for it. I don't like niceties. It like it nasty and wild, damn it.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank god that he had not given me what I wanted but what I needed. I dread even to imagine what my life would have been if I was given what I wished for. Dramatics aside, I love "aur". And if he were even an ounce less of all the above things then I would consider myself not to be loved enough. I am such a brat and he not only puts up with my eccentricities but even indulge in them at times. He is not conventional, that is what connected us i guess. He laughs, he lives life. He is one who is everyone's best friend and you can't dislike him even if you like ( Trust me people have tried that, myself included) He is too cute to stay away from. He is a too much of a sweetheart to remain angry with.  Sometimes you don't get what you had planned in life, sometimes you get even better.

"Aur" you are the color of my life, all bold, flowing carelessly on the canvas of moments making each image bright, amazing and special. Be mine, always.

Happy new year, Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment